- BRICS is expected to span through 18 months period starting from November 1, 2021, till May 01, 2023.
- The proposal understands social integration as an essential element and as a permanent multidirectional process of creating a new common ground to live together and to support individuals in acquiring and developing basic skills and key competencies.
- BRICS project is in all respects in line with the horizontal priorities of Erasmus+ Inclusion and Diversity strategy in all fields of education, training, youth, and sport. One of the project outcomes is to improve the knowledge and skills of immigrants which will answer their needs.
- The proposed action seeks to up-skill migrants through a more creative lens. BRICS project gives an opportunity to people in benefiting from a flexible up-to-date experience of training on key topics such as diversity and social inclusion.
- BRICS aims to improve the social inclusion of immigrants through the development and improvement of their competences in art (social, cultural, values, organizational, educational, etc.) with a particular focus on social integration as an essential element and as a permanent multidirectional process.
- BRICS aims to reinforce: cooperation between the world of education and formal and informal training and the professional domain, the promotion of the linguistic diversity of the EU and the awareness towards interculturality in community educational centers.
- The project’s results will also offer the opportunity to people of migrant background to know and further identify with European traditions, cultural values and heritage while they gain practical knowledge of their immediate daily surroundings and cultural environment.
- The target audience of the dissemination strategy is not only limited to those who will directly benefit from the project’s activities and outcomes, but involves also a range of stakeholders, actors, professionals and associations working in the social welfare sector.
- Direct participants: People with a migrant background (including newly arrived migrants) and Adult Trainers (professionals working with migrants);
- Indirect participants: Community Centers, Organisations providing social and educational support to migrants , Training institutes for professionals, NGOs, Diaspora associations , Municipal Authorities, VET Providers, National line ministries and Wider Public.
The main goal is to facilitate the integration of migrants in the society by increasing their creativity levels, and at the same time, to improve the diversity management competencies of adult trainers in order to create and maintain an inclusive environment where each one of the migrants despite its nationality is able to learn and grow:
- help professionals and adult educators reflect upon the importance of inclusive and diverse societies, different cultural backgrounds, values, and assumptions,
- teach professionals, and adult educators by sharing examples of best practices of using art as a tool for the inclusion of migrant groups,
- provide professionals, and adult educators with artistic tools and methods to help and support marginalized people’s inclusion into the community,
- increasing awareness about culture and important components,
- developing more opportunities for arts education in order to ensure the continued inclusion of different migrants, it is important to embed the principles of Diversity.
1: In-Service Training Program on using Art as an inclusive Educational Tool to ensure that professionals working with migrants are fully trained to harness the potential of the BRICS educational resources:
- creating a set of tools and methods that improve adult trainer’s competencies, especially in the social and cultural integration of migrants, supporting them in their professional activities by developing and improving migrants’ basic soft skills, taking initiative, and extracting their potential by using art as a driver for education and integration, e.g. Learner Manual containing all the required learning content;
- creating a supportive environment for access to lifelong learning, using their creative potential, and fully participating in cultural life – for adult educators, and professionals working with migrants in favor of social inclusion of people with a migrant backgrounds and reinforce their role as (European) citizens;
- 50 hours of instruction made up of: workshop learning and online self-directed learning, e.g. workshop on Arts as a new way of learning tool, presentation of the Toolkit to youth workers.
2: Digitalized Creativity Boost Training for Migrants is intended for use during training courses for people with a migrant background in order to be supported and aware of policies, processes, and practices that meet relevant international standards in the field of migrant integration.
3: BRICS Awareness Raising Workshop and Mini-Conference in 2023 – after the finalization of all implementation activities, targeted awareness-raising events will be organized in each country.